Are you interested in joining a dynamic, forward-thinking, entrepreneurial company that will offer you exciting and challenging work, the opportunity to grow, and the advantage of partnering with executive leaders to help define corporate culture and success? If so, we invite you to review the below job description and submit your resume to [email protected].
The Network Engineer will lead and coordinate the maintenance of complex data, voice or video network hardware and systems; investigate and resolve complex network and hardware matters of significance; research, analyze, isolate and resolve errors; assess and evaluate current and future systems. The Network Engineer provides consultation, support and guidance to organizations and clients.
This position supports Inflexion Management Sciences and its government clients.
- Provides technical support and guidance on network design issues. Provides problem resolution of complex problems to less experienced personnel.
- Evaluates and tests data, voice or video networking technologies to establish their potential use. Designs appropriate testing routines or scripts.
- Designs, implements and maintains more complex LAN, WAN, or Voice Systems in accordance with specified requirements.
- Analyzes data, voice or video network documentation and assists in communicating to management regarding the current operational status of networks.
- Determines methods and procedures for new data, voice or video technologies to ensure performance. Determines approach for customer, based on assessment of customer needs.
- Prepares proposal documentation and information to meet customer requirements.
- Recommends data, voice or video network investment decisions to management and customers based on results of independent assessment of current and future network performance, stability, and network management issues.
- Performs cost analyses and vendor comparisons to ensure cost-effective and efficient operations; measures feasibility of various approaches, makes recommendations as appropriate.
- May develop and conduct training as needed or appropriate. Participates in discussions regarding project decisions and project direction at the executive level
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
- Six or more years of experience in data, voice or video networks
- Experience working with multiple technical platforms (e.g., mainframe, two-tiered client-server, three-tiered client-server) and at least two network systems (e.g., Novell, Windows NT)
- Experience working with network systems, networking principles, data, voice or video
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT
- Active TS/SCI with Full Scope Poly
DISCLAIMER: The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.