Are you interested in joining a dynamic, forward-thinking, entrepreneurial company that will offer you exciting and challenging work, the opportunity to grow, and the advantage of partnering with executive leaders to help define corporate culture and success? If so, we invite you to review the below job description and submit your resume to [email protected].
The System Administrator will provide support for implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of IT systems. The System Administrator must have experience building, patching, and maintaining (Linux/UNIX/Windows) servers both physical and virtual in addition to having experience using VMWare to build virtual servers. The System Administrator must be a self starter and able to work under pressure and is willing to travel (CONUS & OCONUS)
This position supports Inflexion Management Sciences and its government clients.
- Performs moderately complex systems and database administration. Monitors and tunes appropriate systems to ensure optimum level of performance.
- Oversees appropriate level software installations and upgrades and related software packages
- Collects and reviews system data for capacity and planning purposes. Analyzes capacity data and develops capacity plans for appropriate level enterprise-wide systems. Coordinates with appropriate management personnel in implementing changes.
- Supports the design and configuration of complex system landscapes.
- Supports complex data/media recoverability through system backups and database archive operations. Plans, coordinates and directs appropriate level data refresh strategies.
- Oversees, recommends and implements appropriate level database solutions and enhancements to ensure an improvement in system reliability and performance.
- Oversees and applies appropriate support packages/patches to maintain system integrity.
- Develops and maintains appropriate system documentation to ensure that documentation is current. Oversees the maintenance of a library of system-supporting process and procedure documentation.
- Interacts with client management to answer questions, problems and requests regarding complex system issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
- Six or more years of experience in a client-server environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience working with appropriate complex systems administration, database administration, and landscape maintenance
- Experience working with complex system implementations and organizational processes
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT
- Active TS/SCI with Full Scope Poly
DISCLAIMER: The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.